It may have been since August that I last blogged, but let me assure you. Seven months have gone by and a lifetime of changes. Let me fill you in on the last few months.
- Christmas happened, and it was magical with two children
- We spent New Year's at home together with cousins
- Camden learned how to swim
- Bobby ran his first full marathon
- Melissa ran her first half-marathon
- Penelope started crawling (November)
- Camden got his first big boy bike (with training wheels) and scooter (only two wheels) and rides them like a boss
- Penelope started eating real foods and wants to do everything herself
- Camden started "school" (Mother's Day Out program) and loves it
- Camden gave up his "suckie" (pacifier) AND is now potty-trained
- Penelope started doing her sign language (the basics)
- Penelope decided to start walking more than crawling at her first birthday party
- SHE TURNS ONE TODAY
Not a day goes by that I don't cherish this time when my babies are small, innocent and dependent on me and Bobby. I love it and I hate it that they are getting big. We have hard days (like, really hard) and we have wonderful days. I am so in love with our little family of four and I'm so thankful for all the Lord has blessed us with. So, so grateful.
Our little baby has filled our hearts with so much joy! She is so pleasant and cheerful. She is always smiling, and has recently developed an adventurous spirit… no doubt, taking after her big brother. She loves to eat and be held. She adores any toy with a face: babies, animals, bugs, etc. She will smile and then give them a BIG hug. She'll crush a big bowl of frozen blueberries for breakfast every morning, crawl faster than her brother can run (or so it seems), and is happy to be around people. She sleeps like a dream and loves to nurse (yes, we're still breastfeeding). She carries her precious Zoe dog (stuffed animal lovie) around by her stubby tail, sucks her thumb to her hearts content, and squeals with joy when Camden spares a second of time to play with her. Her first word (besides Mama and Dada) was "shoes" and her first sign was "milk." She has big brown eyes, and the softest, sweetest-smelling wispy brown hair. Her nose wrinkles up when she smiles, showing off her big girl teeth (7 teeth now!).
We just love our precious Penelope Cate.
We celebrated her birthday yesterday with so many friends and family! Appropriately, Penelope carried around a balloon all afternoon for her…balloon party. There are tons more pictures coming soon, but here's our baby over the year.
Happy Birthday to you!